I discovered Western Australian based company, Indian Feather when I bought one of their gorgeous wooden monkey rattles from Nature's Child.
Their products are a selection of handmade and organic toys, clothing and accessories sourced from Fair Trade communities. There are wooden toys from Korea, 100% wool felt toys and snuggle blankets from Nepal, hand knitted wool toys from Kenya, organic cotton baby fisherman's pants from Thailand and more.
Indian Feather and sister company, Nido Organics were created by Aussie mum, Sascha Jones. Nido Organics specialise in non-toxic, certified organic cot mattresses and bedding.
Postage within Australia is a very reasonable flat rate of $8.95 for orders under $200.
Both websites are well worth a visit.
The bunny and blanket are next on my shopping list.
The inspiration for the name Indian Feather came from the 10 Indian Commandments which are a beautiful timeless set of guidelines for life….
1. Remain close to the Great Spirit.
2. Show great respect for your fellow beings.
3. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
4. Be truthful and honest at all times.
5. Do what you know to be right.
6. Look after the well being of mind and body.
7.Treat the earth and all that dwell there on with respect.
8. Take full responsibility for your actions.
9. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
10.Work together for the benefit of all man kind.
Indian Feather dedicates a portion of it’s profits to the Sydney Children's Hospital.
*This post has not been sponsored.